Sunday, September 8, 2013

when you spread my ashes

when you spread my ashes
spread them please
over the Han River
into a southwestern breeze
  
let me drift with her
through Taichung to the sea
over rocks and falls
with egrets feeding on me
 
the butterflies can kiss me
the turtles wave me on
we both weren't born here
but here we sing our song
 
when the sky gets dark and cloudy
and dragonflies alight
please take me to the river
where everything's alright
 
so long as i don't pollute her
you've my permission to dump
 with the mountain stream naturally
across her curves and bumps
 
and when the ocean finds me
into the Taiwan Strait
across sea miles to China
or through the pearly gate
 
i'll make it cross the Pacific
like Fukushima radioactivity
 through the melted northern passage
 to Long Island eventually
 
that's where i'll find my mother
grandparents aunt and uncle
a couple of red rosenbergs
and even art garfunkel
 
so when there're only ashes
of what was once my brain
shake into Han waters
my pleasures and my pain
 
but if it is illegal
do not tell a soul
the KMT will catch you
and throw you in the hole
 
do it in the moonlight
with no one there to tell
my prayers will all be answered
if you do it well
 
9-8-13
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment